Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via www.silverandmarcasite.com may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, telephone numbers, email address, etc.
- Your IP address (the number identifying your computer) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is only used to register your visit to our website.
- Your choice and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you choose to receive email updates on products and offers as and when they may occur).
- Information stored in cookies, these do not include any personal information and are used to ensure the correct data is provided by the database when dealing with your orders.
- We will not hold sensitive payment details such as your card number, expiry date and security code. If payment is made by credit card, it is made by a ‘telephone order’ and processed through Barclaycard’s secure EPDQ system that has been independently validated as PCI DSS compliant by Security Metrics.
What we do with your information
Daniels Silver & Marcasite Ltd will handle the information collected from this website in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other applicable laws.
The information we collect will be used:-
- To deal with your order, to provide after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
- To meet our legal obligations.
- In certain situations we may use your email address to send you information on our other products. In this situation you will be provided with the option to opt in/out before proceeding with your purchase.
- We will not pass your information to third parties. The only exception to this principal is for example the use of a bank by us to carry out credit card processing in a secure environment. We will not pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes.
- You can request that we update or remove your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that there may be circumstances where we need to maintain some personal data in order to deal with orders or to meet customer service requirements.
- You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. An administration charge may apply.